Thursday, September 29, 2016

Dr. Ed in Uganda!

Hi there, everyone!

Travel/volunteer bug bit again. Off to Uganda for 5 weeks, to volunteer at the Mbarara University of Science and Technology School of Medicine and the Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital. Follow the adventures of Dr. Ed as he ventures off to teach pulmonary physiology and see gorillas at www.dredinuganda.blogspot.com.  (orginal, ain't it?)

We (that's me and that little voice in my head) leave for Uganda on October 13th and return mid-November. In addition to bedside medical teaching, I will be teaching a short course in pulmonary physiology, and have scheduled some weekend travelling as well as 5 days of travel after my assignment.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Since you seem to have some experience in this field Dr. Ed, may I ask you a question? 2 years ago I suffered from a grave case of sepsis brought on by a bowel perforation. Among other things I suffered a pulmonary embolism. Since then my breathing is labored and my lung capacity is halved. Could this be the result of the PE? PLEASE, if you have the time, let me know what you think at giulialatini@gmail.com. I also, BTW, love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete